It Doesn`t Have To Be Complicated !
Dealing with our work lives to family commitments, most of us are overburdened with making choices and meeting the expectations of everyday life. Yet we must still manage our finances and make pivotal decisions that will hopefully grow our wealth and protect what is most important.
We can offer you a wide variety of strategies to tailor fit your unique needs, wishes and future plans.
- Registered Education Savings Plan
- Non-Registered Savings Account
- Tax-Free Savings Account
- Estate Planning
Education is precious. The reality that parents experience is that helping a child through post-secondary education is no inexpensive endeavor.
A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a beneficial program designed to encourage parents, friends or relatives of children to plan for the educational experience of the child they care for.
Requirements and Benefits of an RESP:
• Up to $50,000 can be contributed for each child with no annual limits on contributions.
• Grant opportunities including Canada Education Savings Grant of 20% (on the first $2,500 of annual contribution) and Canada Education Savings Grant (on the first $5,000 of annual contributions when grant room has been previously accumulated).
• Tax-free interest or investment growth until withdrawal.
• Family plans are available for siblings.
• A variety of investment options and contribution frequencies available.
Having a strategy for growing your wealth is something that’s personal and unique to each of us. Determining the allocation of your assets can be a tough job to accomplish.
Sometimes it may be the best decision for an individual to consider non-registered savings accounts. These investments can serve a variety of purposes including short-term goals such as a home renovation or saving for a vacation.
If you borrow through an investment loan in a non-registered investment plan, the interest you pay may be tax deductible.
Calla Financial Services Ltd. can assist you in selecting the most appropriate non-registered savings plan. There are a huge variety of investment options to select from including GIC equivalents and guaranteed investment funds such as segregated funds.
Your non-registered savings plan will have the following flexibility and benefits:
• Annual capital gain reporting = no surprises at withdrawal.
• No withdrawal restrictions, contribution limits or age requirements.
• The ability to collateralize for loans.
Introduced in 2009, theTax-Freee Savings Account provides an additional investment opportunity to all residents of Canada over the age of 18. As our young Canadians age, the TFSA will become an integral component of their investment portfolios.
TFSAs are voluntary and are limited to $5,000 per calendar year. If you’ve not opened a TFSA, as of 2011 you have up to $15,000 in available contribution room. Your contributions will be made with after tax dollars and no tax deduction will apply.
The TFSA offers the following flexibility and benefits:
• Contributions are always available with no withdrawal restrictions.
• No taxation whatsoever upon withdrawal.
• Carry forward of unused contribution room to future years.
• Re-contribution opportunities for funds that have been withdrawn in previous years.
• No effect on federal income-tested benefits such as OAS (Old Age Security), GIS (Guaranteed Income Supplement) and Canada Child Tax Benefit.
• A multitude of investment options are available including GIC equivalents and guaranteed investment funds such as segregated funds.
By spending a little time planning for our futures, we leave future security for the people we care about the most.
When you work with a Calla Financial Services Ltd. team member, they will be helping you choose the best way for you to plan your estate. Wills, trusts, powers of attorney, property ownership, special instructions on your behalf and so on can be decided upon, and at the same time, ensuring that things will go smoothly.
Keeping your will up to date and preparing your estate is important.
At Calla Financial Services, our team can help you make informed, purposeful decisions about growing your wealth and then help you manage what you have worked hard to acquire. We can help you develop a diversified portfolio of investments and insurance backed by the industry’s best.
Our recommendations and solutions will match your goals, expectations, and of course – your budget.
We will help you make sense of your options and then help you make decisions your head and your heart will feel good about.